If like us you do a lot of off road riding then you too will know your SPD pedals take an absolute battering. That’s why we opt for the PD-M540 as our go to all round SPD pedal. With a lighter treated steel axel than the M520 and legendary reliable bearings with great mud shedding capability the M540 just gets the job of connecting your foot to the bike done with no fuss and consistent, reliable performance that’s hard to tell apart from Shimano’s fancier offerings. If desert Island bike parts was a thing these pedals would be on our list.
Supplied with Sh52 cleats, available in black or silver.
- Compact dual sided SPD pedal designed for everyday use at good value price
- Stable platform can be used with any type of SPD shoe and provides support for the foot
- Uses the same design pedal cleat mechanism from the M959 pedal
- Mud repelling design is suitable for year round use
- Cr-Mo spindle and low maintenance sealed bearing cartridge axle
- Cleat tension adjustment
- Weight: 352 grams per pair