The PD-M8040 pedal is the high quality alternative for those of us that don’t get on with those pesky clip in SPD’s (also known as ‘clipless’ pedals confusingly). Designed to be durable and serviceable the light weight but immensely strong alloy body is well suited to big 170mm travel mountain bikes as well as everyday commuters. Removable pins and cartridge bearings ensure easy maintenance. Their shot peened finish with etched graphics not only look awesome but will stand the worst of the British weather too. We recommend a high quality mountain bike flat shoe such as Specialized’s 2fo to get the best possible grip from any flat pedal, the PD-M8040’s come with longer pins if grip and shin pain is your thing.
Available in two sizes we would recommend the S/M for shoe sizes below 8 and the M/L for anything 9 and above.
- Deore XT level PD-M8040 is a straight concave platform pedal offering excellent grip and support
- Ten steel pins per side (optional 3mm or 5mm) deliver trail or enduro riders the ideal balance of connection to the bike and pedalling stability
- comes in small-to-medium (shoe size recommendation 36-44) or medium-to-large options (shoe size recommendation 43-48) for optimized support and rider-tuned performance
- Pins, screwed in from the back for easy maintenance
- low-maintenance sealed cartridge bearing chromoly axles
- Approximate weights: 460g (S/M) or 503g (M/L)