Another cake of the month
Time for some more cakey goodness.
Earlier this month I rattled off this marmalade tealoaf & it worked out rather well…
- Oven on to 180degree & line a 1kg loaf tin with greaseproof paper.
- Get a big bowl & lob in 120g of marmalade, 175g of butter, 175g of muscovado sugar, 3 eggs (beaten), 225g of self raising flour, 1/2 a tsp of baking powder, 2 tsp of ground ginger & 1 tsp of mixed spice. Get a stock blender in there for a couple of minutes until everything is nice & smooth. Then mix in 75g of pecan halves.
- Plop the mix into your loaf tin & sprinkle another 25g of pecan halves on the top.
- Stick it in the oven for about 1 1/4 (loosely cover it with tin foil after 40 minutes or so). Once cooked carefully get it out of the tin & sit it on a cooling rack for a while.
- While the cake cools slightly, gentley heat a big tablespoon of marmalade in a pan. Keep stirring it until it’s smooth then spread over the top of the cake to form a tastey glaze.
- Pop the kettle on to make a brew to go with it.
Written on March 16th, 2016 by bikeshak